Promise made, promise kept in his media chat last year 2019, Hon. Sanni Ganiu Babatunde Okanlawon, assured that timely feedback to the people of Kosofe constituency 1 will be in his top priority.
In keeping to his promise he personally signed a press statement tagged” KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY 1 YEAR END FEEDBACK” detailing his 6months in office achievements and equally thanked the people of Kosofe constituency 1 for entrusting him with the mandate.
KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY 1 YEAR END FEEDBACK
I am indeed very grateful to the Almighty Allah and to all of you my constituents of KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY 1 to have freely handed over your mandate to me to be your EYES, NOSES, EARS and MOUTH PIECE at the peoples parliament of the Lagos State House of Assembly, the parliament that is above the common standard of excellence.
Most importantly, I’ll like to appreciate all of you my constituents for fulfilling your part of citizens civic responsibilities by paying your Taxes and conducting yourselves in the most civil manner at all times. It is commendable and I must say here that i am indeed proud of you.
It is six months that I’ve been on the saddle as your representative in the hallowed chamber of the Lagos state house of Assembly and I feel strongly as your messenger that you should be acquainted of my activities. This is the journey so far :
- I have intensified and exerted pressure towards the completion of the seemingly abandoned vehicular bridge of Arowojobe estate, Mende, Maryland which I actually facilitated during the erstwhile government. I’m happy to report that work had since resumed by the contractor Messrs Brenco construction company, they’ve been mobilized and delivery date put at April,2020.
- Drainage / Road Construction has commenced at Kujore and in Ojota axis of Kosofe Constituency 1.
- The primary drains called (Canals)of Odo Iyalaro, Gbagada, Arowojobe and several others hitherto clogged up had been dredged and others yet to, are being worked upon.
- Adequate provision has been made in year 2020 budget for the completion of road and the vehicular bridge construction at Soluyi.
- Ogudu road had been resurfaced from Ojota down to Ogudu roundabout courtesy of yours truly representation.
- Discussion is on- going with the Special Adviser on Works on the need to link the Pastor Ayorinde st, by the side of Kosofe Local Govt Headquarters to the Ibadan Express way to burst out almost opposite Apostolic church on the expressway. A team of Engineers from the Ministry are already working on it.
- I have submitted the name of Muslim college Oworonshoki and has been earmarked for outright renovation and furnishings any moment from now.
- Bush st by Anthony/Mende had also been submitted and captured for reconstruction.
- The seemingly abandoned road and drainage project of Ajibike st to link Ifako with Oworo 2nd access road has been lined up for work resumption.
- The team of Engineers from the Ministry of Works were conducted round Adebola st by yours truly, for road construction to link up with Ramat crescent.
- The Commissioner for Physical planning was conducted round the seeming intractable road challenge in Harmony estate. The Special Adviser works was also in sync with the resolution agreed to by all stakeholders to finally put to rest the challenge of linking Ifako with the Oworo 2nd access road.
- In partnership with fu-nergy company, I have trained and graduated some of our youths in the art and science of Renewable Energy which enabled the beneficiaries to acquire the know how of Inverter(solar/ battery powered) production, installation and marketing. Some were retained and now working for the company, others had been introduced to the Lagos state employment trust fund( LSETF) to access fund to start up their own businesses and become entrepreneurs.
- The team of Engineers from Ministry of works and I also inspected the road meant to connect through a u-turn under the bridge from the extreme end of Ogudu to link up with Ogudu Ori- oke for construction purposes. All of these roads, when delivered, would certainly free up all the gridlock presently being experienced by motorists on Ojota- Ogudu route.
- I am happy to report that I am the House Committee Chairman on Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives. Many thanks to Rt. Honourable Speaker Mudashiru Ajayi Obasa and the leadership of the House
PARLIAMENTARY/ LEGISLATIVE WORKS
I wish to report that yours truly had participated so robustly in debates on the floor of the House.
● In one of such debates, I triggered discourse and subsequent resolution of the house to ensuring the cleaning up of all our primary drains( canals) and fixing of bad roads all over the state.
● I spoke vehemently on the need to stem the incidence of fire outbreak occasioned by indiscriminate location of Gas plants and Sales outlets
● I have co-sponsored three life changing and impacting motions .
● With fervor, I spoke in support of the need to fix the Cardio-renal dept of Gbagada General hospital to stem the tide of capital flight and most importantly the associated stress, pains and pangs of patients travelling abroad to seek Medicare.
●I was part of the voices that eulogized, extolled and enjoined politicians to emulate the values and virtues brought into governance by the first executive Governor of Lagos state Alh Lateef Kayode Aremu Jakande when he clocked 90.
● Amongst others, I have engaged my constituents at Town hall meetings to give feedbacks of my Parliamentary/Representative and oversight exploits.
● Without being immodest, I make bold to say that many of my constituents have through yours truly enjoyed the dividend of democracy through employment opportunities, empowerment programs through ( Ministry of Agric, Commerce, Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation( WAPA) , Office of Civic Engagement
● Without fear of equivocation and vacillation, yours truly have helped in securing school admissions for many of my constituents into LASU, LASPOTECH and UNILAG.
In conclusion, I faithfully trust in our govt to deliver more and more social infrastructure to making Lagos livable by the time it activates her first full budget cycle of year 2020 of #1.168t.
I fervently enjoin all of you my constituents to continue to be civil in all of your deeds and actions. We are expected to pay our taxes as at when due and continue to co-exist peacefully.
I promise to continue to be your obedient and good servant, I thank you and wish you all a happy, blissful, productive and prosperous new year. Hearty cheers.