On July 25,2017, the birth of a new dawn was ushered in Agboyi-Ketu Local Council Development Area (LCDA), Lagos State with the inauguration of Mayor Dele Oshinowo as the Fifth Executive Chairman of the LCDA.
Since his assumption of office, the administration superintendent by Mayor Dele Oshinowo has continued to blaze the trail in the delivery of its promises thereby turning the LCDA to a centre of huge construction and massive programs.
In view of this, here are some of the landmark achievements that have brought happiness and progressive development to the LCDA within the last three years in the saddle.
Some achievements of the Mayor Dele Oshinowo led-administration
Works and Infrastructure
• Construction of a 26-room administrative building.
• Construction of a 18-room L-shaped two storey office complex.
• Rehabilitation and upgrading of several roads totalling 44.7 km.
• Construction of Agboyi-Ketu Ketu Shopping Arcade, Ajelogo.
• Redevelopment of Ifelodun Plank Market which was razed down by fire seven years ago.
• Purchase / Distribution of five transformers to some selected Community Development Associations.
• Procurement of a 500kva generator set to ensure seamless administrative flow during power outages.
•Ongoing construction works at Akanimodo/Ajelogo Housing Scheme, under a Public-Private Partnership Agreement.
• Constant clearing of water hyacinth at Owode-Elede and Agboyi River.
Construction of a block of nine classrooms at Alapere Primary School, Alapere.
• Completion of an abandoned building block of six classrooms at Irepodun Primary School, Alapere.
• Comprehensive renovation of dilapidated Pastor Adegboyega Primary School, Ketu.
• Periodic distribution of educational materials to pupils.
• Periodic distribution of GCE forms to indigent students.
• Yearly distribution of bursary awards to undergraduate students.
• Organization of holiday coaching during long term break.
• Free bus ride for school children; morning and afternoon session.
•Sponsorship of an indigent student for secondary school education.
•Periodic organization of career talk & ‘Say no to Social Vices’ for pupils.
• Yearly organization of spelling bee competition.
• Inauguration of Adult Education Centres across the LCDAs.
• Inauguration of a vocational program termed ‘We Lift’ aimed at training unemployed youths for a minimum of six months and maximum of two years depending on the vocational courses shortlisted for, the program was inaugurated by the First Lady of Lagos State, Mrs. Ibijoke Sanwo-olu.
• Periodic distribution of food items to the aged, widows and widowers.
• Financial support to the aged and physically challenged.
• Periodic training program for widows on Soap, Ankara and Bead making.
• Periodic provision of financial support to petty traders.
• Covid 19 – Provision one meal a day for 3,000 residents daily for ten days.
• Covid-19 – Erection of hand sanitizer dispensers in public places.
• Covid-19 : Disinfection and sterilization of public places.
• Covid-19 : Time to time sensitization of residents on the dreaded virus.
• Periodic organization of free medical mission.
• Periodic organization of free eye care program.
•Periodic awareness program on Monkey Pox, Lassa Fever, and Measles.
• Periodic mass deworming of school pupils.
• Recruitment of top-notch health workers aside the workers on the payroll of the Lagos State Government.
• Launching of Agboyi-Ketu Waste Evacuation Program.
• Periodic Desilting of secondary canals within the LCDA.
• Successful hosting of the maiden Agboyi-Ketu Kids Cup won by Anglican Primary School,Ajegunle.
• Monthly organization of fitness walk.
• Successful hosting of the maiden Agboyi-Ketu table tennis championship
• Presentation of a Toyota Camry Car to the National Union of Local Government Employees, Agboyi-Ketu Chapter.
• Sponsorship of staffers of the council to beneficial training programs.
• Organization of a week training for primary school teachers on simple mathematics techniques.