By Adeola Agoro
We all call you MO – Musiliu Olatunde Obanikoro. That’s how simple you are.
Working as your media aide and later becoming your friend and sister, I learnt many things and they have formed parts of my lifestyle today.
1. When we go for meetings with you, you won’t ever leave us in the car or in the sun. We go in with you.
2. You believe(d) in our independent skills and wouldn’t hesitate to announce to your friends and colleagues what we do. You were the one who asked late Sen. Madman Ali (former Governor of Yobe) and others to engage me as their media consultant while still working for you. You also allowed me to go on handling my page in This Day (Glitterati) even when some people in the organisation said I shouldn’t shine in the media more than my master.
3. You are always dependable. You will always be there to connect once called upon. You personally took me to Sen. Ben Nnmaani’s house when I asked for an interview when he was Senate President. You will take anyone you believe in anywhere so far you have access.
4. You have no enemies. You forgive easily. You hold no grudges.
5. You won’t spend your money o but you will show how to make it.
6. You don’t give up on any staff. You will never get tired of encouraging us.
7. Your life is really simple. You can jump and play and be real. You no send.
8. You’re a true father to your children. You give them serious discipline with love and you keep holding their hands.
I celebrate you eiyan pataki. Happy 60th birthday to you.