Honourable Samuel Olanrewaju Adebayo (SOA) has been tipped to emerge as All Progressives Congress candidate for Kosofe Consitituency 2 vacant seat in the Lagos State House of Assembly.
Some party stalwarts in Kosofe are believed to be jostling for the position but according to reliable sources privy to development within the APC, Hon. Adebayo is said to be favourite to represent Kosofe constituency 2 following his impeccable track record.
Believed to give Kosofe constituency a good representation in the state house of Assembly, here are nine things you should know about honourable Samuel Olanrewaju Adebayo (SOA):
1. Honourable Samuel Olanrewaju Adebayo (SOA) is a young politician who has been a stalwart in the All Progressives Congress (APC). According to his profile, SOA says he ventured into politics to liberate his people from the bondage of sectional politics where the people’s representatives often than not represent themselves and forget those who gave them their mandates.
2. He is a great community influencer and grass-root politician. Despite working in diaspora, political sources say he continues to reside in the Kosofe neighborhood whenever he is in town and remain very accessible to the people.
3. He attended Ajelogo Primary school Ketu. The Apostolic Church Grammar School Ketu. Bunker Hill Community College, Northeastern University, where he studied Information Technology.
4. He was former PRO of the Iyase Youth Association and had lived in Ikosi, Iyase, Alowololodu, Aliyu, Ganiu Muraino, Oshogun areas of Kosofe LGA.
5. Hon. Adebayo came second during the 2019 primary election where Hon. Tunde Buraimoh emerged party candidate and has been tipped to emerge APC candidate for Kosofe constituency 2 vacant seat in the Lagos State House of Assembly following the death of the latter.
6. Honourable Adebayo is the president and founder of SHEF (Succour for Health and Education Foundation), a foundation that had empowered thousands of less privileges, women, youths and children within and across Kosofe LGA. The foundation empowers indigents by; providing succour for the artisans who had learnt a trade but are having difficulties in establishing themselves, providing educational materials and scholarships to students as well as intervention programs to the less privileged. Political sources say Honourable Adebayo has done more for the Kosofe people than any other politician in the race to represent the constituency.
7. He is a detribalised man who cohabits well with any tribe, that can be seen in his sportsmanship and working with the Hausas at the yam market.
8. Adebayo currently works as a Database administrator in the United States where he is also completing his master’s program in Public Administration at Bridgewater University.
9. He is a member of many humanitarian organisations including Towards Independent Living (TILL) and The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).