The Executive Chairman of Agboyi Ketu Local Council Development Area, Mayor Dele Oshinowo 2017 to date achievements.
Works and Infrastructure
• Construction of an ultra-modern 26-room administrative building
• Construction of a 18-room L-shaped two storey office complex
• Rehabilitation and upgrading of several roads totalling 44.7 km
The touched roads are:
Construction of Alhaji Lawal Street, Oshoogun
Construction of Alhaji Owolabi Street, Oshoogun
Construction of Ogunjinrin Street, Oshoogun
Rehabilitation of Ajayi Street, Ile-ile, Ketu
Rehabilitation of Adebayo Street, Ketu
Rehabilitation of Alhaji Lawal Street, Ketu
Rehabilitation of Ibefun Street, Alapere
Rehabilitation of Ijagun Street,Alapere
Rehabilitation of Ogunjobi Oriwu Street, Alapere
Rehabilitation of Ajibola Street, Alapere
Rehabilitation of Oriola Street, Alapere
Rehabilitation of Kazeem Street, Alapere
Rehabilitation of Doyin Omololu Street, Alapere
Rehabilitation of Salvation Street, Alapere
Reconstruction of Fasanya Street, Mile 12
Reconstruction of Phillip Onashile Street,Mile 12
Upgrading of Dada-Aga, Kosofe
Upgrading of Thomas Laniyan Street, Ajegunle
Upgrading of Adebayo Street, Alapere
Upgrading of Irawo Road, Ajegunle
• Construction of Agboyi-Ketu Ketu Shopping Arcade,Ajelogo
• Redevelopment of Ifelodun Plank Market which was razed down by fire seven years ago.
• Purchase / Distribution of five transformers to some selected Community Development Associations
• Procurement of a 500kva generator set to ensure seamless administrative flow during power outages
•Ongoing construction works at Akanimodo/Ajelogo Housing Scheme, under a Public-Private Partnership Agreement
• Constant clearing of water hyacinth at Owode-Elede and Agboyi River.
Construction of a block of nine classrooms at Alapere Primary School, Alapere, with the excellent garbing of the school building with chairs and tables, ICT center, conducive staff room, lavatory and a convenient library
• Completion of an abandoned building block of six classrooms at Irepodun Primary School, Alapere, with the excellent garbing of the school building with chairs and tables, ICT center, conducive staff room, lavatory and a convenient library
• Comprehensive renovation of dilapidated Pastor Adegboyega Primary School, Ketu, with the excellent garbing of the school building with chairs and tables, ICT center, conducive staff room, lavatory and a convenient library
• Periodic distribution of educational materials to pupils
• Periodic distribution of GCE forms to indigent students
• Yearly distribution of bursary awards to undergraduate students
• Organization of holiday coaching during long term break
• Free bus ride for school children; morning and afternoon session
•Sponsorship of an indigent student for secondary school education.
•Periodic organization of career talk & ‘Say no to Social Vices’ for pupils
• Yearly organization of spelling bee competition
• Inauguration of Adult Education Centres across the LCDAs
• Inauguration of a vocational program termed ‘We Lift’ aimed at training unemployed youths for a minimum of six months and maximum of two years depending on the vocational courses shortlisted for, the program was inaugurated by the First Lady of Lagos State, Mrs. Ibijoke Sanwo-olu
Distribution of 10 Million Naira Relief Fund as an initiative to provide instant succour to affected victims of the END SARS pandemonium in Agboyi-Ketu LCDA
• Periodic distribution of food items to the aged, widows and widowers.
• Financial support to the aged and physically challenged.
• Periodic training program for widows on Soap, Ankara and Bead making
• Periodic provision of financial support to petty traders
• Covid 19 – Provision one meal a day for 3,000 residents daily for ten days
• Covid-19 – Erection of hand sanitizer dispensers in public places
• Covid-19 : Disinfenction and sterilization of public places
• Covid-19 : Time to time sensitization of residents on the dreaded virus
• Covid-19 : Distribution of 15,000 packages which includes 5kg bag of rice, 5kg bag of garri and noodles to the needy.
• Periodic organization of free medical mission
• Periodic organization of free eye care program
•Periodic awareness program on Monkey Pox, Lassa Fever, and Measles
• Periodic mass deworming of school pupils
• Recruitment of top-notch health workers aside the workers on the payroll of the Lagos State Government.
• Launching of Agboyi-Ketu Waste Evacuation Program
• Periodic Desilting of secondary canals within the LCDA.
Periodic advocacy to flood prone areas
Massive desilting of blocked drainage channels across Agboyi-Ketu LCDA, with 62 streets touched so far
• Successful hosting of the maiden Agboyi-Ketu Kids Cup won by Anglican Primary School,Ajegunle.
• Monthly organization of fitness walk
• Successful hosting of the maiden Agboyi-Ketu table tennis championship
• Presentation of a Toyota Camry Car to the National Union of Local Government Employees, Agboyi-Ketu Chapter
• Sponsorship of staffers of the council to beneficial training programs.
• Organization of a week training for primary school teachers on simple mathematics techniques
Presentation of two patrol vehicles to the two Police Divisions in Agboyi-Ketu LCDA, Alapere and Owode-Onirin Divisions
Presentation of a 18 Seater Bus to Agboyi-Ketu Market Association
Donation of 1.5million naira to Owode Onirin market so as to address the victims of fire incidents which occurred in the market late 2019.
SUPPORT FOR THE PARTY (ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS, AGBOYI-KETU CHAPTER)
• Monthly provision of financial assistance to members of the party who are petty traders.
• Periodic financial support to the less-privileged members of the party.
• Organization of several empowerment programs for the youth/women wings of the party.
• Distribution of palliatives to party members during the thick phase of the first covid-19 lockdown declared by the Federal Government.
• Facilitation of pensionable jobs in both public and private sectors for party members through lobbying and constant interactions with all and sundry.
• Providing massive support for the youth/women wings of the party in actualizing their programs, such as the Annual Ramadan Lecture/Christmas carol from the year 2019 till date, yearly training of the youth on barbing, hairdressing, soap and bead making.