The report of 2019 International Day of the Girl – child held last weekend’s made available to the media by Taiwo Ololade Salvador of the Educational Initiative and Iyaniwura Foundation .
She said ” In Spite of the rain and Lagos traffic TOS was able to put together an interactive program tospeak on the International Day of the Girl-child at the head office of the Women Advocate Research and Documentation center WARDC located at 9b Oluleye street off Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja Lagos.
Speaking further she noted that” During the course of the event the girls were asked to discuss about the ill issues affecting the girl on a daily basis and they were able to raise some few points:
Education ( Lack of school)
Health (Female Mutilation)
- Religion (Early child marriages)
- Forced Labour
- Human Trafficking
Tos added that ” The discussion also led to the measures to take so as to :
- Eliminate all forms of discrimination against girls
- Against health and nutrition
- Against economics exploitation and labor
- Negative cultural and practice against girls
- Against education, skills development and training
- Eradicates all violence against all especially.
Furthermore the girls were advised and encouraged to:
- Communicate with their parents and teacher and latter were advised to always listen to them.
- To know that they can do that which they set their minds to do.
- Girls should also know that they are strong species and not weak people
- To also remember that they are winners.
- They were told to take their education seriously and also learning a skill is an added advantage.
Few pictures of tospeak program